5 awesome health benefits of lemonade iced tea
Lemonade iced tea is one of the most popular beverages. A quick sip of lemony iced tea can instantly freshen you up. Having lemonade iced tea is a great way to sooth stress and add a lot of healthy minerals and nutrients to your body. You can have it unsweetened or sweetened, although the version with added sugar is more popular among the two. However, to get the best health benefits of lemonade iced tea, you need to have the unsweetened version.
Lemonade iced tea can be made using green tea as well as black. Historically, the original recipe called for green tea. However, over time, black tea has come to be used popularly in homemade iced teas as well as in the commercially-made ones. In addition to lemon, you can add other ingredients such as mint and ginger to increase the health benefits of your iced tea. Adding these will also make the drink more flavorsome. If you are not keen on using ice, you can just chill the concoction overnight or over a couple of hours and have it later. You can make pitchers-full or just for two-one serving. Check out some of the popular health benefits of lemonade iced tea.
- Lemonade iced tea is refreshing and keeps you hydrated. Unlike carbonated beverages, it does not make you crave for more and does not add to your calorie intake. Without the sugar, lemon iced tea calms the nerves and helps you relax.
- Tea, in any form, is good for your general health. Loaded with antioxidants, it helps your heart and skin. The antioxidants work against cell-damaging free radicals.
- Lemonade iced tea has the added benefit of lemon. The astringent property of lemon helps in fighting gum problems and improves the health of your teeth. Also, the vitamin C content of lemon aids in fighting infections and illnesses such as common cold and sore throat.
- If you use black tea in your Lemonade iced tea, it will have a good proportion of manganese. Manganese helps in improving your metabolism and strengthening your bones. Also, if your diet meets the minimum daily requirement of manganese, you body’s ability to heal wounds also increases.
- Whether you use green or black tea while preparing your lemon-flavored iced tea, rest assured that you will be helping your heart to stay strong. Tea helps to lower LDL cholesterol, which is known to be bad for the heart. Instead of having unhealthy soda-based beverages, you should have lemonade iced tea so that you reduce the risk of cardiac attacks.
The best thing about lemonade iced tea is that it can be had anytime, irrespective of the season. Easy to make and versatile, lemonade iced tea is the best healthy beverage you can find!